Yesterday I thought might be the day! But it luckily was not. I had been having contractions all day, I finally decided to go into the labor and delivery at the hospital to get checked before I drove the hour ride home (trying to avoid having a baby in the car experience)! I was having contractions 3 minutes apart and my cervix was at a 3 ( up from a 1 last week). They will admit you when your cervix is at a 4 so they suggested I walk for 2 hours and come back to be checked. So I walked and walked, did wonders for my sciatic pain (sarc). I had already let Carlos and Maria know what was happening and they decided it was best to get on a plane now instead of wait and possibly miss his birth. I let them know I might not have him today, it all depended on my cervix. But they felt it was best to come early and be here then miss his birth! So after walking I go get rechecked and nothing! No change to my cervix at all! Aggghhhh
Can I just say here and now trying to figure out when a baby is coming is THE hardest thing to figure out. So I am sent home. At this point Carlos and Maria are on their way and I am hoping we won't have to wait two weeks for him to be born, but I have no control over this ( mantra I repeat to myself)!
So today as I write this I am barely moving around, in fear he will play a trick on us and come only hours before his parents arrive. Once they are here tonight I can walk/ run/ dance/do hip hop (ok that's just a dream :)
I will keep you all updated,