Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Meeting

While I waited for the following weekend to arrive, MFS (Modern Family Surrogacy~agency) was able to send me their profile, which is information about them and some of their responses to questions regarding having a child. This profile gives you a chance to 'get to know them' before you meet up with them. Also included were pictures of them and their families. I have to state here that they both are a very nice looking couple!
     I forgot to add that this couple had asked to speak to another surrogate at the same time they asked to speak with me. Kind of a weird feeling to know they are 'choosing' between you or someone else. But I have to remember if I were in their shoes I too would do the same.
     Finally the weekend arrives and I make my trek into Hollywood (always fun for the people watching opportunities). I arrive at the meeting place and find the other surrogates the agency has brought to meet other IP's and the couple I was to meet. Nervous level is pretty high at this point!
      The IP's arrive and we 'offically' meet. The agency ladies recommend we go off for an hour or so and just talk. We head to a local Starbucks and they ask if I would like any coffee. I say yes please, just a regular coffee. I forgot that European coffee drinkers are quite different than we are.... so when Carlos asks do I put anything in it, I cringe because I know telling him I like it sweet and creamy is like saying "dump a pound of sugar in and top it off with heavy cream"! Since I don't want to freak them out from the start I opt for 'just a few sugars please'.
     We sit down and talk for quite some time and slowly I start to see their personalities emerge. Maria is very sweet, while Carlos is very funny(as I catch up with the blog I will do a better job at describing their personalities).  Oh I should probably add how excited I am that they both speak English fluently! We end up talking for way more then the suggested hour and head back to the meeting spot.
     Cora takes them aside and talks with them for a little while. She then comes and finds me and asks how it went. I told her I really like them and they are very nice. My 'feelings' say I like them and could see myself helping them have a baby and enjoying our friendship at the same time. She tells me they 'loved me' and would really like for me to be their surrogate! So it's decided...we're having a baby ;)

No comments: