Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

Why and how I chose to become a surrogate.

    I had always wanted to be a surrogate. I absolutely loved being pregnant with my own two children, I love children and I love to help others. I thought about it often but never really looked into it. A few years back I did have one mother tell me just about the medications and that in itself scared me for a good few years more!
     Six years later...! A very good friend of mine was telling me about her friend that was trying to find a surrogate due to medical problems.  My friend knew I had always desired to be a surrogate but was hesitant to make that first step. She suggested I talk to her friend about surrogacy since she was very informed of how it all works. Eventually we talked for a good while and I felt a sense of 'I could do this'. This friend of a friend went so far as to asking her agency if I would be able to be her surrogate. Unfortunately it was not possible due to my insurance.
     After this up and down roller coaster of emotions (was I going to finally be a surrogate...eeek,.... no I can not with her and her agency....boo), I decided that that was not going to stop me. I did not want to regret never fulfilling this desire of mine. I finally found an agency in my area and began the process with them. I would just like to add here and now for any women out there that read this that 'might' be interested in this....NOT ALL AGENCIES ARE THE SAME!! Do your research, find out from other surrogates what they like and do not like about the agency, just make an informed decision, trust me it makes the journey that much more enjoyable to be with an agency you feel comfortable with.
     I made my dream come true and helped make a couples dream come true December 2010! But this blog is not about my past experience but about my next journey! Yes I am doing it again, I absolutely loved everything about being a surrogate (okay, the girl was right the injections were awful BUT they are only for a short time). So to all my friends and family sit back and enjoy the ride...I hope to give you some insight as to the life of a surrogate!

No comments: