Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, January 6, 2012

Well I started the big one..

  The hormone shot time is officially here..  I have just started taking Delestrogen to start padding my uterine lining to make a nice comfy place for an embryo to attach to. Now this shot is only taken every three days (no biggie you say) but this shot goes into your hip, into the fatty area of the hip which is sooooo hard for me to find (wink wink). But the not so fun thing about this shot is the size of the needle... I must take a picture for you all to see... words can not describe it. Also, as soon as they feel my hormone level is where it needs to be they will have me start taking Progesterone which is also another hormone shot into the hip every day with the same fabulous needle!
   Even though this is possibly the only hard/disliked thing about the journey it is only for a short period of time, when you look at the big picture. Yes, while you are in the shot process it feels like a long period of time but when you look back at this it really was a brief period to a wonderful beginning(at least this is what I will be hoping for again!) FYI... shots do not stop after you are pregnant. The injected hormones insure that your body is making the correct amount for the newly implanted embryo. And when the doctor feels like it will be stable without the shots (about 10 weeks after pregnancy) that's when he/she has you wean off of them.
   Oh I forgot to mention there is usually some weight gain that goes along with these shots I have begun taking and will begin taking. BUT I am pretty sure, according to my new years pictures I took, all the weight has found itself into my NECK! LOL.....good times!
  
  

No comments: